Have you visited The Great American West states of Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota or Wyoming? If so, we want YOU to share your holiday memories and favourite snaps with us! Enter our #MYgreatamericanwest photographic competition to be in with a chance of winning some great prizes!
The top 25 specially selected photos will feature in a new and exclusive promotional travel book for The Great American West. The winner will receive a wall canvas showcasing their photo, plus a Great American West goody bag, and the two runners up will receive the first printed editions of the promotional travel book featuring their photos.
Continue reading through the tabs above to find out how to enter and the full terms and conditions of this competition.
Keep your eyes peeled for your entries in the gallery below and on The Great American West UK Facebook page.
Step 1 – All images must be posted to your own Facebook page and/or Instagram page using #MYgreatamericanwest
Step 3 – Each photo entry must include:
- your full name and location
- where the photo was taken
- the month and year the photo was taken
- a title or caption to accompany the image
Competition duration: 14th October – 13th December 2019
* This competition is open to any age.
* This competition is global except for residents of the U.S.A.
* Entries will not be accepted from employees of The Great American West (all international offices), employees from partner state tourism offices, or anyone else professionally associated with this competition.
* A maximum of three photos can be entered per person.
* There is no fee to enter.
* Photos must be your own and not copied from elsewhere/someone else’s work and you must own the copyright to those images.
* Photos must have been taken within one of the five states of The Great American West (Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming)
* Entries must include the location, month and year the photo was taken.
* Photos must be a minimum of 1MB size.
* Images with watermarks cannot be accepted.
* No late entries accepted. This competition closes at 23:59 on Friday 13th December 2019.
* The competition will be judged by a panel of travel experts at The Great American West UK.
* The winner will be announced on The Great American West UK Facebook page on Monday 16th December 2019.
* The winner must accept their prize within three days. If the winner is not contactable within this time frame, The Great American West UK reserves the right to re-allocate the winning prize.
* The winner must agree to have his/her name published on social media and in the promotional travel book.
* All prizes hold no monetary value and cannot be exchanged for cash or an alternative prize.
* By entering this competition, you are giving permission for The Great American West (worldwide) and state partners (Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wyoming) to use your images for marketing purposes across social media, print, digital marketing and via advertising partners. An image credit will be given where appropriate.
* By entering this competition, you are giving permission for your images to be reshared/posted to any of The Great American West social media channels, including our sister offices in the U.S.A, Italy, Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, Luxembourg), Nordics (Finland, Norway, Switzerland, Denmark) France, Germany (Germany, Switzerland, Austria) and Australia.
* All entries are submitted into the competition, but we reserve the right to select which images will be featured in the #MYgreatamericanwest promotional travel book, on our website and social media pages.
* Up to 25 selected images will be featured in the promotional travel book for The Great American West
* The winner will receive their photo on canvas plus a Great American West goody bag.
* The two runner-up places will receive the first printed edition of the promotional travel book.
This competition is now closed!
We are pleased to announce the winners of the #MYgreatamericanwest competition….
Winner – Lindsay Allen
photo ‘Up, Up and More Spray’ of Castle Geyser, Yellowstone National Park
Runner Up 1 – Stephen Evans
photo ‘National Elk Refuge’
Runner Up 2 – Peter Devries
photo ‘Autumn in Montana’